For water-repellent seams
Mara WA is a particularly dirt- and water-repellent sewing thread thanks to its special finish.
Material / Raw material
100 % polyester
MCT® (Micro Core Technology)
- reliable on automatic sewing machines
- tear- and abrasion-resistant
- high uniformity, no thick or thin spots
- no fibre fly, no hairiness and no dust
- high brilliance
- additional special equipment for a fluid and dirt-repellent effect
- high resistance to care treatments
The production of our sewing threads and the quality of the materials we use comply with strict European regulations. Our production is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015. A&E Gütermann voluntarily undertakes to be regularly audited and evaluated by independent external certification bodies.
WATER-REPELLENT SEWING THREAD
With its water-repellent protective finish, Mara WA provides the optimum basis for tight seams. The water-repellent effect of the sewing thread is proven by the so-called methylene blue test. The capillary/wicking effect is used to measure the water-repellent effect of the specially finished thread. Mara WA shows no rising after two hours compared to the non-water repellent alternative.