For high-temperature resistant seams
Acero combines the advantages of two fibre materials: The core’s stainless steel fibres ensure cutting resistance and high-temperature resistance. The Kevlar sheath provides excellent strength, low density and high chemical compatibility with acid and alkali.
Material / Raw material
stainless steel/para-aramid (KEVLAR®)
- metal core made from 10 stainless steel wires (V4A)
- KEVLAR® sheathing ensures sewability
- robust in processing – can be processed using all common textile techniques
- resistance to chemicals
- heat resistant (up to approx. 720 °C under mechanical load & up to approx. 1,000 °C without mechanical load)
- self-extinguishing when the fire source is removed
DownloadsOpens PDF in new tabThread Guide 2022
- applications subject to extreme heat
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- technical textiles
The production of our sewing threads and the quality of the materials we use comply with strict European regulations. Our production is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2015. A&E Gütermann voluntarily undertakes to be regularly audited and evaluated by independent external certification bodies.